Countdown to the 2015 Maptime Summit!
###Wait seriously? It’s only two-and-a-half weeks until the Maptime Summit? WHOA.
Thanks to basically the whole OS geo community, we are inching towards being ready:
- CartoDB is helping us with pizza for lunch.
- Mapbox is helping us with printing and getting Camille to the event.
- Mapzen is helping with snacks.
- OSMF (which includes people from both Mapbox and Mapzen) busted their butts finding us a great space for the Summit. They are also on the hunt for an event photographer.
- Stamen is making it possible for Beth to get to NYC for the event.
- Maptimers from all over are showing up to volunteer!
How cool is that? Many thanks to everyone for your help! There is no way we could pull this off without you.
In this final countdown, we have some important announcements and calls for participation:
- Our location has changed! The Summit is now being held at the NYU Kimmel Center. The size of our space is limited to 60 people, so...
- Get your ticket now as seats are limited! If 60 is what we can fit, then 60 tickets are what's available. If you haven't registered yet, get your ticket now! If you have but can't make it, drop us a line: hello[at]maptime[dot]io.
- We have a schedule! Check out the Maptime Summit page for the full breakdown. To make it the best it can be...
- We're looking for lightning talks! Maptime is all about the chapters -- and we want to hear what you're up to. Each chapter will have 5(ish) minutes to talk about what's been going on at their meetups. How many people come? Where do you hold them? What topics do you cover? What works? What doesn't? Anything you want to share is fair game -- we're all ears. Slides and preparation totally optional! If you want to do a lightning talk about your chapter, sign up here! Signing up give us an idea of how many Chapters want to talk.
- We're also looking for unconference sessions! Add your session topics here, and we'll decide what sessions to do day-of.
- There's a party! At Mapzen! In conjunction with GeoNYC! And we have been told that there will be karaoke.
Is that it? Yeah we think that’s it. Oh wait, one more thing:
- We're on the hunt for someone to help with streaming or recording! This is not a must-have, but there are lots of people who can't make it. Recording or skyping or streaming would help to share the experience, and we've learned that it's not worth doing without the right equiptment. If you have leads or an idea or want to volunteer to take it on, we'd love to hear from you!
Ok, that’s it, for real this time.
As always, reach out to hello[at]maptime[dot]io with any questions.
We can’t wait to see you in NYC!